Foundation / Corporation
Singing for Change (SFC)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to USA nonprofit organizations creating positive change through promoting self-sufficiency and community integration. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application. Programs should address issues affecting children and families and disenfranchised groups.
Specifically, Singing for Change looks for groups that are:
- Working to engage individuals in their communities
- Helping people realize their full potential and become self-sufficient, and
- Creating lasting change in the communities they serve
The Foundation will fund operating expenses for those organizations they feel are accomplishing these goals.
Areas of interest include the following:
Children and families: Grants are awarded to programs fostering self-sufficiency and stability. Individual therapy is not funded, nor are therapeutic or recreational camps or wish-fulfillment programs.
Disenfranchised groups: SFC defines these groups as people who have been marginalized in society because of their low levels of skill, education, or income, people with disabilities, and people who are homeless.
Projects most likely to be considered are those which:
- Help people overcome social or economic barriers to education or employment
- Promote the empowerment of individuals toward self-sufficiency, and provide opportunities for personal growth that benefit their greater community
- Demonstrate human equality and encourage people to cross boundary lines to help others
GrantWatch ID#: 138499
Grants range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming