Foundation / Corporation
New York Life Foundation and National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC)
07/19/19 5:00 PM ET
Grants of $10,000 and grants of $20,000 to USA nonprofit organizations serving bereaved youth and their families for organizational development activities. Funding is intended to help organizations enhance their overall development, effectiveness, and capacity.
The grant must support 1 of 6 major categories:
- Planning activities: organizational assessments; strategic planning; fund development; communications/marketing; recruiting or maintaining volunteer support; business planning.
- Staff/board development: leadership training; defining the role of the board; recruitment of new board members; strengthening governance.
- Strategic relationships/collaboration: technical assistance; consultant support; restructuring; mergers; or business planning
- Internal operations: improvements to financial management, human resources, or volunteer management; development of evaluation systems and training; facility planning.
- Technology improvements: improving IT capacity through upgrades to hardware and software; networking; updating websites; and staff training to optimize use of technology.
- New Organization: Specifically, for organization under 3 years old to conduct an organizational needs assessment or strategic planning.
Prospective applicants for these grants should explore consultants and/or other professional services to get initial feedback, bids and scope of work prior to applying. This documentation will be required for application process.
GrantWatch ID#: 173693
Up to twenty-five (25): 15 at the $10,000 level and 10 at the $20,000 level.
- $10,000 grant award. Organizations with minimum annual organizational budgets of $50,000 will be eligible to apply for this grant level.
- $20,000 grant award. Organizations with minimum annual organizational budgets of $100,000 will be eligible to apply for this grant level.
Grants are for one year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=1652&x_proposal_type_id=38624
National Alliance for Grieving Children
5109 – 82nd Street, Suite 7 #1117
Lubbock, Texas 79424
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming