Foundation / Corporation
Harrington Discovery Institute and Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF)
Grants to USA scientists with MD and PhD degrees for research into the development of drugs to cure, treat, and prevent Alzheimer's disease. Applicants must submit a Letter of Intent prior to submission of a full application. Funding is intended to provide drug development support and to help bridge the gap between basic discovery and the clinical realm.
The ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award selection committee seeks breakthrough discovery defined by innovation, creativity and potential clinical impact, including:
- Discoveries deemed to address unmet medical needs
- Modulators of novel targets
- Potential to be developed into a commercial program
- Possess strong intellectual property (IP) or protection strategy
- May be either a small molecule, biologic, or other therapeutic modality
- Diagnostics or devices only acceptable as part of a therapeutic development project or if completely transformative.
The Harrington Discovery Institute and its Innovation Support Center team will work closely with the awardee and their affiliated institution to maximize the clinical and commercial potential of the selected project. In addition to funding, the award includes:
- Drug development expertise and project management support through the Harrington Discovery Institute Innovation Support Center
- Consulting services from highly experienced drug development personnel
- Business and commercialization advice
- Clinical development advice
- Regulatory assistance
- Intellectual property review and advice
- Assistance identifying and securing additional financial support based on project needs.
Projects will be assessed based on:
- Quality of the science and the scientist
- Novelty and innovative quality of the work
- Potential for impact on human health.
Use of Funds:
- General: No more than $10,000 of the total grant can be used for capital expenditures or equipment. The award may only be used for direct project expenses, not for institutional overhead.
- Salary: The award may be used to cover salaries for post-docs equivalent to the percentage of effort devoted to the project. Please note that PI’s salary is limited to 10% of the total award amount.
GrantWatch ID#: 182103
Up to three ADDF-Harrington Scholar awards are made each year through a competitive selection process.
Funding up to $600,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://addf.fluxx.io/
Any questions should be directed to HDIQuestions@HarringtonDiscovery.org.
Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation
57 West 57th Street, Suite 904
New York, NY 10019
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming