Foundation / Corporation
04/17/19 11:59 PM (ET)
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and government agencies for quick-action projects to improve local communities. Funding areas include transportation, public spaces, housing, smart cities, and other community elements. Applications are invited for projects that will help the community become more livable.
AARP will prioritize projects that aim to:
- Demonstrate the tangible value of “Smart Cities.” This new category will encourage communities to develop and implement innovative programs that engage residents in accessing, understanding, and using data to increase the quality of life for all. The intention with this category is to encourage applicants to demonstrate new ways to engage in decision-making about housing, transportation, economic development, placemaking, infrastructure, or other community aspects.
- Deliver a range of transportation and mobility options in the community through permanent or temporary solutions to increase connectivity, walkability, bikeability, and access to public and private transit.
- Create vibrant public places in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that improve open spaces, parks, and access to other amenities.
- Support the availability of a range of housing in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that increase accessible and affordable housing options.
- Other community improvements.
AARP Community Challenge grants can be used to support the following types of projects in the community. Proposed project types described below will be prioritized over those that support ongoing programming or events:
- Permanent physical improvements in the community
- Temporary demonstrations that lead to long-term change
- New, innovative programming or services
For more information see the URL for Full Text link below.
GrantWatch ID#: 185431
Grants can range from several hundred dollars for smaller short-term activities to several thousand for larger projects.
All projects must be completed by November 4, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application portal: https://app.reviewr.com/aarp/site/aarp_communitychallenge19
For questions, email email@example.com
601 E Street, NW
Washington DC 20049
Toll-free Nationwide: 1-800-775-6776
Toll-free TTY: 877-434-7598
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming