Foundation / Corporation
South Dakota Space Grant Consortium (SDSGC)
01/15/20 11:59 PM MST Receipt
Fellowships and scholarships to South Dakota undergraduate and graduate students to take part in research, internship, and educational opportunities as they pursue their degrees in the fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics). Students from underserved groups and women are especially encouraged to apply.
The South Dakota Space Grant Consortium (SDSGC) NASA Internship and Fellowship stipend program invites applications from U.S. citizens for student stipends available to students attending South Dakota institutions of higher education. Research projects and internships must align with NASA’s mission and those of the SDSGC and its affiliates.
The goal of the program is to administer a fellowship/scholarship program for students from diverse backgrounds. Objectives of the program include encouraging under-represented students such as Native Americans and women in STEM-related educational and research fields. The program offers hands-on, tangible research experiences to student fellowship awardees at NASA Centers, EROS, and industry which will develop skills that contribute to the future workforce. All students who receive significant fellowship or scholarship assistance from SD Space Grant will be longitudinally tracked through first employment or beginning of advanced degrees.
Higher priority will be given to applications for NASA Internships and Graduate Research Fellowships over Educational stipends.
GrantWatch ID#: 178575
All 2019/2020 awards are contingent upon U.S. Congressional approval of the 2019 federal budget and the availability and receipt of FY2019 Space Grant funding from NASA.
- NASA Center Internship stipends that are fully-funded by Space Grant are provided in the standardized amounts of $7,300 (undergraduate students) and $9,000 (graduate students) to support 10- week Summer internships, and $11,680 (undergraduate) and $14,400 (graduate) to support 16-week Fall/Spring semester internships at NASA Centers, plus an additional $1,500 travel allowance to those amounts.
- Graduate Research Fellowship stipends are provided at amounts up to $5,000 and will support graduate-level STEM research projects conducted during the academic year and/or summer.
- Educational stipends in the amount of $1,000 for incoming college freshmen and up to $2,500 for sophomores and above will support STEM related education during the regular school year.
The SD Space Grant Consortium Student Internship/Fellowship Stipend Program for FY2020 will take place during the 2020/2021 Academic Year (Summer/Fall 2020 & Spring 2021).
- Internship stipends: Support 10-week Summer internships and 16-week Fall/Spring semester internships.
- Research stipends: Support research projects conducted during the academic year and/or summer.
- Educational stipends: Support educational projects conducted during the regular school year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://sdmines.sdsmt.edu/cgi-bin/global/sg_update_app.cgi
Questions should be addressed to:
Thomas V. Durkin, Deputy Director
SD Space Grant Consortium
501 E. St. Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
USA: South Dakota